- DB-Engines DBMS Of The Year, for the second year running
- Stack Overflow's second Most-Loved DBMS (behind Redis, so really the top RDBMS - more on that here)
- Hacker News trends shows it pulling way ahead of MySQL
- Matt Asay on how Postgres is hip again and why this might be (TLDR: cost and features)
- An analysis of why the time has finally come for Postgres
Reasons for this include:
- the shift from proprietary to open source as the software model of choice
- the rise of cloud-based DB platforms, where the flexibility, power and cost (free!) of Postgres makes it an obvious choice. All the major players now have Postgres cloud offerings, including Amazon, Microsoft and Google.